Could you could have a gluten problem and not know it?
Could you could have a gluten allergy and not know it? Take Dr. Mark Hyman’s quiz below and find out!
The Gluten Quiz
- Do you have an autoimmune disease such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or inflammatory bowel disease?
- Do you have digestive problems like reflux or irritable bowel?
- Are you overweight?
- Do you have frequent headaches?
- Are you often tired and bloated?
- Do you have rashes like eczema, psoriasis or acne?
- Do you have ADD (attention deficit disorder) autism, schizophrenia or depression?
- Do you have allergies, asthma or sinus problems?
If you answer yes to any of these questions then you might consider:
- Get tested for gluten sensitivity or celiac disease – Do Cyrex 3 test for a comprehensive test or check for elevated antibodies to gluten (anti-gliadin IgG and IgA, or tissue transglutaminase antibodies, TTG).
- Do a trial of a 100% gluten free diet for 2 weeks. Then reintroduce gluten and monitor your symptoms. If you feel better, you are probably gluten sensitive.
- Take probiotics to help reduce inflammation and repair the digestive system and leaky gut.