Plants as Intellectual Property – Patently Wrong?
Plants as Intellectual Property
This reminds me of my video The Lie That Heals: Should Doctors Give Placebos? I went into the topic thinking one thing, but realized that there are strong arguments to be made on both sides.
Turmeric is pretty amazing stuff. Even if we won’t hear about most of the research because companies can’t patent it, we can educate ourselves:
- Which Spices Fight Inflammation?
- Turmeric Curcumin and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Turmeric Curcumin and Osteoarthritis
- Boosting the Bioavailability of Curcumin
- Who Shouldn’t Consume Curcumin or Turmeric?
- Back to Our Roots: Curry and Cancer
- Carcinogenic Blocking Effects of Turmeric
- Turmeric Curcumin Reprogramming Cancer Cell Death
The concept that the curcumin in turmeric is able to target multiple diseases pathways simultaneously is explored further in my follow-up to this video, Magic Bullets vs. Promiscuous Plants.